Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School 2009-2010




Wow! What an amazing day! Fallon was ready to go this morning for her first day of kindergarten. She is very proud of her school uniform; she couldn't wait to wear it. Aunt Beth sent 2 boxes of bows made especially for Fallon and her uniform. It was a tough decision, but she picked just the right one. Fallon and I headed on our beautiful drive, over the mountain, for school. I walked her to her room. Her teacher welcomed her so sweetly. When I hugged her good-bye, the tears came. I had already warned Fallon about that so she wouldn't worry...because Fallon would worry about me all day. Of course I wasn't crying because I was leaving her, my classroom is nearby. I cried because she is officially a kid, a student. I love her so much and I am so proud to be her mom. Her teacher raved and raved about her. She even begged to go to after school care...which anyone who has taught with me knows that is completely unnecessary :)


Meanwhile, Birkley has a new routine this year. She gets to sleep in and have daddy time. She comes downstairs and climbs into bed with him. They wake up slowly together...that is their style. Adam prepared their breakfast, dressed her, did her hair, and even remembered to take pictures of her. Birkley said he drove her to school in his super fast car, but she also made sure I knew "he did not go to jail because he wasn't going that fast." Adam said she walked right to her seat and was very happy. She was still happy when I picked her up and said she loves her school. I love my spunky Birkley!




All in all, I am a lucky lady!

4 comments:

Johnson's said...

I am so glad today went well for you guys! Amazing how time flies and our kids are "big kids!" You will love having her so near you. The daddy time is also priceless and precious. What fun for everyone :)

The Bell Family said...

After school care? The Limberg bus is out of there at 3:05, what daycare could be better than that???

The Gillaspie Family said...

Amanda...you are officially a mommy of 'schooler'. How'd that happen? Fallon looks precious in her jumper, and I'm anxiously awaiting the pics of nuns serving lunch! :)

Moore Memories said...

WOW...Fallon is such a big girl now. I am with you on the tears though...I cried reading your post! Glad all is well in your new setting! Chris travels there quite often on business! :-)