Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Always Something!!!
Parents know that, just when you think all is well, something crazy happens. My girls have always loved the dentist, had great reports, brush & floss, etc... So, I was very surprised/concerned when Adam mentioned that Birkley's top right tooth looked grey. Naturally, I went into panic mode...and of course these things happen on the weekend. So, he called his friend, a dentist, and he said it sounded like she had bumped her tooth on something and the trauma is affecting the nerve. We went to our dentist today. He confirmed what we thought: she bumped it or hit it on something, it could have even happened months ago. I do remember an incident when Birkley crashed into Fallon and her teeth came down hard on Fallon's head. Actually, at the time, I was more worried about Fallon. So, what to do? We are waiting 8 weeks for a check up. Either the tooth will return to white or she will have to have a little cosmetic dentistry (baby bonding) to whiten it back up until her permanent tooth comes in. It was so interesting to see her big girl teeth in the x-ray. Sadly, it confirmed she will be a real big girl some day...but always my baby. Please pray her tooth heals on its own and, most importantly, doesn't become infected. No baby root canals, please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My husband is the proud owner of a slightly gray tooth, thanks to a smack in the face in football practice in high school. He's never had any problems with it. I hope little Birkley has NO problems, either...poor baby!
Post a Comment