Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Her First Performance




Today, is an amazing day. With grace, confidence, and pure happiness, Fallon took the stage at the school talent show. She was so together and prepared (thanks to the time she and Adam spent practicing together). She seemed so tiny standing at the microphone. The auditorium was filled with pre-k through 8th grade, faculty & staff, and parents...and there my baby stood on her own wanting to do her "concert." It was just 6 years ago, I was anxiously waiting for her to be born. While she waited for her turn, I thought my heart would literally explode. This was yet another incredible first time feeling as a parent: watching your child do something all by herself and for all to see. Fallon is so loved by everyone at our school and this school is so unique in the fact that the students take great care of one another. It is an environment that welcomes students to take risks because there is love and support everywhere. The amazing applause at the end of Fallon's video was Fallon's big dream for today...she is so happy! The poor girl is suffering from a major cold, too! Apparently, singing is a great cure!


I also have to say that I am so proud of Birkley because when she saw Fallon, she said, "Fallon, you are so beautiful and you are a pretty singer."

3 comments:

Kathy and Richard said...

Look out Taylor!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks gorgeous! I guess Rock Band has really paid off!

The Gillaspie Family said...

Wow!! Look at your baby girl!! I love how her little face looks like her daddy, and her hair...well...that would be all you! Miss you girls!